Recommendation 1: Xhorse XC-002
– I recommend you buy Xhorse Condor xc002, for this money it is best machine and work with it is pleasure, it has stiffness of construction, good jaws and good bearings and high precision.
Price: $1,099 free shipping
Recommendation 2: Xhorse ikeycutter condor Mini
– With a little more from 2000 a very good choice would be xhorse condor mini. it cuts most keys I’ve needed it to do.
– Condor xc mini provides stable function…Unless you are willing to spent 7000-8000euro’s for silca’s futura.
Xhorse XC-002 VS Condor XC-mini on basic info:
Recommendation 3: condor Mini plus
Condor Mini plus Improvement!!
1) Space between cover and key is bigger…. for XC-MINI many keys with casings like VW flip key will not allow you to close the cover .
2) The screen is designed with adjustable angle. Many time the machine is on a higher / desk and it’s then difficult to operate and see what’s on the screen.
3) Mounting support – to make it easier when mounting the machine on a Mobile unit as you don’t want it flying around in the back of your VAN….
4) The motor has a higher rpm with a lower cutting noise.
Took by www.uobdii.com worker at 518 Chinese locksmith Meeting in Xiamen.
Recommendation 4: Condor XC-009
Xhorse Condor XC-009 is designed to cut single-sided keys and double-sided keys.
Condor XC-009 Advantage:
Small volume, light weight, easy to carry.
With adapters guide equipment, guarantee high cut precision.
Equipped with 4-side clamp, flexible exchange among 4-side. Different sides for different features keys, cut kinds of special keys, wide applicability.
Safe & Low Noise:
Emergency switch is able to turn off the power in emergency and start the machine while it’s safe.
Low noise DC brushless motor.
Super Long Endurance Ability:
Build-in six 63W.h (2500mA.h) battery cut 60-100 keys continuously.
Solid & Durable:
Aluminum structure, processed by DMG precise machine which is imported from Germany.
Battery value remind function, hidden hand wheel, big clamp space, cut the big plastic cover keys that don’t need to tear down, streamline handrail design, comfortable operation experience.
One year warranty, lifelong technical support for free, professional online service provides remote instruction and assistance.
Recommendation 5: Defu 368A
1.) Success list
– $79, Defu 368A work fine on ” laser key ” , ordering cutter 2 , 2.5 & 3 mm too .
– If you got manual skills you can make good key copy on 368a.
– With new market Chinese ” key case + blade” to cutting , mine never fail one copy !
lot of locksmith hesitate to buy 368a , they lost lot of money for nothing .
2 philosophy , $ 3000 automatic key cutting ( never money back ) and manual key cutting ( $ 150 to 800 ) to fast money back .
CONDOR XC-MINI for $ 100 price / cutting ( emergency all key lost )
xc002 for $30 price / cutting
368a for $10 price / cutting
Depend of your business
– Really cheap and it works good on many types of key.
– works like a rocket with titanium drill (bought from ali)
– no problems as long as you use good quality cutter, NOT the ones that come with it. I use hss instead of carbide with it, seems to work better. As an aside, I am trying to attach space and depth micrometers to it to cut keys by dimension without depth keys. Not a priority, but would be nice to be able to do that.
– I’ve done lots of keys with it. bought the carbide cutters and needed 3 of them for cutting a key. not good at all.
But with titanium cutter is good. I am using it for mobile cutting only. Worth all the money.
– use only for hobi and satisfied with this machine.
– I think is ok. I own one and I modified the engine. Now it works at 12 v dc
– can copy normal key like toyota mitsubishi, and flat keys like bmw and vag etc. check defu key cutter on youtube. For some keys you may need additional clamps like tibbe etc but search defu key cutting and you will see.
– I made key for kia pocanto. It is smooth I also ordered separate clamps for tibbe keys and a full set pf cutters.
-Doing double sided flat keys buy a universal key clamp and cut it up as in picture 1. (universal clamp won’t do these keys)
drill 2.5 mm holes for clamp screws and use 3mm tap to run threads picture 2.
cut some shims from the supplied steel shims picture 3.
Pictures 4 and 5 perfect working key
Brilliant machine for the money
2) Failure list:
– Defu 386A DOES NOT DO “all keys lost”
Car key cutting machines depend on budget and on how many keys it will cut a day , some machines are light use , some are medium use and some are heavy duty use , some are better suited to the back of a van than others , some are built to last forever , some are start up machines with limited life.