Lonsdor K518ISE key programmer is tested able to add Volvo XC60 smart key and program new keys when all key lost via OBD. Lonsdor K518ISE will bring professional locksmiths a cost-effective choice comparing with the 4s shops who charge a higher cost.
Tools and adapter to prepare:
Lonsdor K518ISE key programmer
FS-01 probe board
Before programming Volvo XC60 key, you need to read the security data of two modules (CEM module and KVM module), then directly add the key or program new keys via OBD.
Part 1: Read the security data of two modules:
- CEM module (behind the storage box of co-pilot)
- KVM module (right side of the trunk)
There are two kinds of smart keys: 5 keys and 6 keys, both are 433MHZ frequency.
For 5 keys, before programming key, dismantle the CEM module and read the security data to backup.
For 6 keys, before programming key, dismantle both the CEM and KVM modules and read the security data to backup.
When we read CEM and KVM security data to backup, we need to use accessories of the adapter, RN-01 and FS-01 probe board.
Note: First time to use the adapter, we need to bind it with K518ISE. Go to the K518ISE home page and choose “Settings -> binding adapter”, following the direction to finish binding.
One K518ISE host can bind up to 5 adapters, and the bound adapter cannot be bound to other K518ISE hosts. Once bounded, no need to bind again.
Guide: How to read CEM security data
- Volvo’s CEM are located under the co-pilot airbag on the left, remove the debris box, the new/old CEM box look the same, but with different circuits).
Read CEM data with RN-01 board:
Plug K518ISE host, adapter, and RN-01 board shown as below:
- For the old version, when opening the lid, in the back of the circuit board, please pay attention to the black column with blue circles, which are the four positioning points that need to match stably with the white column of RN-01 board.
Note: The circuit board is coated with insulating glue, it is required to use the washing plate water to wash off the blue area of the insulation coating in the contact point (solder joint) , or power can not go through , if the needle of RN-01 board is broken, it will do to wire in the corresponding locations.
For the new version, the circuit is different, which requires to wire to read the anti-theft data, please refer to following guides to wire:
Note: Connect power to read the data, it is needed to separate RN-01 board to the motherboard to prevent conduction; it is recommended that welding line should not exceed 15cm.
How to Read KVM security data:
Volvo’s KVM modules are located after the rear box, in the upside of the right rear wheel position(for 16 S60L car, it is recommended to dismantle from the right rear door to the wheel direction);
- After opening the module cover, it is firstly needed to use the washing plate water to wash off the blue area of the insulation coating, or power can not go through.
Read KVM data with FS-01 board:
The positions in red circle are the 8-pin insertion points of FS-01 board:
The connection among the K518ISE host, adapter and FS-01 board:
The reason why a part of the failures in Volvo KVM data reading because the chip model is different, then please do as below:
① Use programmer to read out the data (.bin file);
② Please contact and send the EEPROM data to K518ISE after-sales service, the engineers will convert the data into a dedicated file;
③ Connect K518ISE with computer and put the dedicated file into “file —> feature_35” folder;
④ Following the operations to select the KVM data from the process.
- For 6 keys, during operation, you need to firstlyinsert the key into the key slot and then operate by following the directions.
- For key recognition failure, please make sure the smart key is not locked, as locked key cannot be programmed, the fresh new key generally will not be locked.
- K518ISE has identification & unlock functions, which will test and identify whether a key is an unused one or not. If the remote control is invalid after the key is programmed (on condition that the battery is well installed and the remote control frequency is correct), try to import the CEM security data to unlock the key and then program again.
Note: Only the key of this car or corresponding car can be unlock after reading the CEM security data.
4,When installing Volvo battery, please note that the two batteries are placed in an overlap way and separated by a white paper in the middle, so please do not just replace the above one.
Dismantling is also very simple, just remove the metal key, and gently pry with a not so sharp knife in the same place where the metal key lies.